Today’s postindustrial economies are marked by a heavily declined manufacturing sector. 90% of everything we consume comes from overseas; the sea freight industry controls 95% of all products shipped on the planet. What is the real price of shipping? Who are the key players of this global industry? And overall, what is its impact on our lives and on the environment?
FREIGHTENED takes us behind the scenes to reveal the mechanics and perils of an all-but-visible industry that holds the key to
our economy and the very model of our civilization.
A La Compagnie des Taxi-brousse – Polar Star Films coproduction
Partner(s) : Polar Star Films - SWR/NDR - Aljazeera Documentary Channel
Broadcaster(s) : France 5 - Televisió de Catalunya (Spain) - SWR/NDR - Aljazeera Documentary Channel, SRF and RTS (Switzerland)- SVT (Sweden) - NRK (Norway) - Télé- Québec and Knowledge Network (Canada)
Director(s) : Denis Delestrac
Author(s) : Denis Delestrac
Year : 2016Duration : 90 / 60 / 52 minutes
- Sunflower Award for Green Documentary Film 2017 (Switzerland)
- Grand Prize Écrans Publics (France)
- Best Film at Another Way Film Festival (Spain)
- Golden Green Award – Transport & Eco-mobility at Deauville Awards (France)
- Finalist at DIG AWARDS (Italy)
15 selection in international festivals.
- Festival Étonnants Voyageurs (Rennes)
- FILMAR (Hendaye)
- FIPA (Paris)